Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beyond - Color Club & Some Holo Nail Art!

Hi people!!

How are you all? I've just had a really lovely mini-holiday on Waiheke Island and considering it is the middle of winter, the weather was so perfect. If you follow me on Instagram (@pinpointpolish) you may have seen some pics of it. Anywho, I went to the NZ Beauty Expo on Saturday and managed to finally get my hands on the latest Color Club Halo Hues (how did it take so long?!), so naturally I had to try one as soon as I got home. And by try one, what I mean to say is try all 6... at once ;)


Color Club Halo Hues, Miss Bliss, Cosmic Fate, Kismet, Over The Moon, Eternal Beauty, Beyond , Saran Wrap nail art

Color Club Halo Hues, Miss Bliss, Cosmic Fate, Kismet, Over The Moon, Eternal Beauty, Beyond , Saran Wrap nail art
A mani that Sam (from Fashion Polish) did a bit ago was certainly the inspiration for this mani, though I went about this one quite differently from what Sam did. For my take on this look, I used Saran Wrap. I love how it turned out. I used all of the holos in the collection for this look. 'Beyond' was the base and then using the Saran Wrap, I dabbed on 'Kismet', 'Cosmic Fate', 'Miss Bliss', 'Over The Moon' and 'Eternal Beauty'.


Color Club Halo Hues, Miss Bliss, Cosmic Fate, Kismet, Over The Moon, Eternal Beauty, Beyond , Saran Wrap nail art
You can see the colours better in this photo, as you would be able to see them in real lower light. I love how the black base of 'Beyond'  peeks through. To say these holos are full-on would be a serious understatement. It was so hard to capture the colours in this mani without just seeing holo in my photos. I had to crack out the light box for once.


Beyond, Color Club, Halo Hues, Swatch

Beyond, Color Club, Halo Hues, Swatch
Here is 'Beyond' all by itself. AMAZING! These polishes have a really strong linear holo finish. It is far from subtle and I love it. These photos are shown without top coat, just because I was going to be putting things on top of it. To be honest though, I think top coat makes the holo even more awesome!


Formula of 'Beyond' was sensational too. No aqua base or any other faffing around required. And it was really opaque. I only needed 1 coat on my left hand, but for the sake of neatness on my swatching hand, I have shown you 2 coats. As I mentioned, shown is without top coat, but as you can see with the top pics (with top coat), there isn't any dulling of the holo effect.

Color Club is sold a lot of places. For the kiwis, I know these are sold in Amazon stores, but they can also be purchased online from a lot of places.

Some of these products were given to me. This is my personal, unbiased opinion.
For more information, see my disclosure policy.

6 comments :

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)