Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wildlife - Nubar

I have the last of the polishes that I borrowed from my mum to show you all tonight and I have to say this is one of my absolute favourites. This is the wonderfully unique Nubar 'Wildlife'. Also as I started writing this I had a moment of thinking "is it called Wildlife or Wildfire?" so I started searching on google (mum took the bottle home) and people seem to use these names interchangeably even within one post. I got so confused because I was so sure it was called Wildlife. So weird, it must just be one of those funny things where you just read what you want to read. Anyway to clear up any confusion this is definitely 'Wildlife'.



Wildlife, Nubar, swatch
Holy duochrome shimmer Batman!! I am so much in love with this polish. At first I thought it was one of those real ugly-pretty colours when I saw it in the bottle, but to be honest on the nail it's so flattering and just plain gorgeous!



Wildlife, Nubar, swatch
Welcome to the red side of 'Wildlife'. It shifts from quite a pink-red through to a gold/orange. This is the unique part. It's so striking to see the pink against the olive green colour of the base.



Wildlife, Nubar, swatch
'Wildlife' shifts right through to a bright gold/green too. Again it is so striking. Did I mention that I'm in love? Man my mama has a polish collection that could make a lot of us green with envy ;)


Formula wise, 'Wildlife' was so easy to apply. I think I used 3 really thin coats just for photos, but 2 is fine for regular wear. Love love love, that's pretty much all I have to say and now I can't wait to borrow this or some other equally fun polishes from my mum next time we head down that way. Thanks Mama Bear!

8 comments :

  1. I'm in love, gorgeous swatches - amazing polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josephine!! Wish the polish was mine, but I'm so lucky to be able to borrow it from my mum! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that polish! Do you know if this is still available? At first I thought you had done nail art and used 2 colors tan and green, but then I saw the real beauty it was a super duper strong duochrome!!! Total love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm I think so... I just went on the Nubar site before and searched and I think it was there. Otherwise I'm afraid eBay might be your best bet. I think that may be where mum got this bottle :)

      Delete
  3. Props to your mom for rocking this color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Yep she'll Rick anything, that woman. Pretty awesome actually!! (P.s. I haven't forgotten your email and I did look and I will reply) <3

      Delete
  4. You made it look awesome! This is one of my very go-to favourites - which is why I didn't let you keep it..... Ma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it gets more love in your little collection :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)