Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Inspired by... Jean Paul Gaultier

I have something a little different today and it's something that I quite like. We all know that I'm a little lacking in the art department and to be honest the thought of it scares the living daylights out of me still. I think a main problem of mine is that I'm not a very creative person and so I think to myself, I should do some sort of nail art today... Then I'll sit for an hour desperately trying to think up a brilliant idea, meanwhile I've thought up a million reasons why I shouldn't do it and I end up painting my nails with one plain colour... So here's what I am trying to do now - I'm trying to find inspiration from what's around me, which is where todays mani comes in.


Sitting up on my bookshelf was one of Dan's old empty Jean Paul Gaultier bottles and for once I was hit with inspiration. So I grabbed my bottle of the same summer edition for Women (I think 2006?) and got painting.


Please excuse my over-zealous top coating, will I ever find the key to not smudging stamping?
I used Color Club 'Wicked Sweet' as the blue base (over white) and Nicole 'Paparazzi Don't Preach' for the peach accent (also on my thumb). I then used the saran wrap technique to dab on the clouds using OPI 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls'. I added OPI 'Stranger Tides' to tie in the green of the kites with a tiny piece of sponge, then stamped using Konad Special Red polish. I used BM02 (I only used half of the image).



Alright, laugh it up!! I'm still getting my head around holding polish bottles and not looking terribly unco. Let's just say holding torso shaped bottles is not one of my best skills!



I love how this turned out and I think this inspiration thing is the way to go. Between The Boy and Me, we have a fair number of different editions of JPG perfume bottles and I am so much in love with every single one, so you will be seeing some more of these for sure.

4 comments :

  1. Ahh this mani is so cool! Taking inspiration from what I see should really happen more in my life... Well done, this is quite amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much. It really helped to take inspiration and actually made it much more fun!!! :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)