Saturday, August 4, 2012

Kiwi Olympic Nails

It had to happen. I had to jump on the bandwagon and do some olympic nails at some point right? Well the other night, I was feeling patriotic and I had been called off work so I decided it was time I showed some support via my nails. I wanted to do something silver fern inspired and I was going to just draw some silver ferns on but I tried a few things and this is what I ended up with...



Camelot, Excalibur, a-england, 3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have, Dollish Polish, BM210, Olympic nail art
So my pinky finger is silver fern inspired if you use your imagination :) and the others... Well they just sort of happened. I used a-england 'Camelot' and 'Excalibur' and these polishes are truly brilliant. Both one coaters (even I left it at one coat - unheard of). The base colour on each nail is just a single coat of perfectly formulated polish.




Camelot, Excalibur, a-england, 3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have, Dollish Polish, BM210, Olympic nail art
For the gradients, I mostly followed Sammy's tutorial and on my middle finger, I just brushed a tiny bit of Dollish Polish '3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have' to give just a wee dash of colour. On my ring finger, I stuck some Born Pretty Store loose glitter (aka "glequins") on. I made my pinky finger matte with Essie's 'Matte About You' and then stamped (using 'Excalibur') with BM210.




Camelot, Excalibur, a-england, 3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have, Dollish Polish, BM210, Olympic nail art
I love the spartkle that '3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have' gives the gradient and the microglitter in it just seems to carry on the gradient perfectly.



I have loved wearing these nails, they're a bit of fun. Also With the Kiwi's having won three golds in the rowing in the last 2 days, I feel even more patriotic then ever :) Not bad for our little country, I am one proud Kiwi (of all our athletes actually!). Back to the nails... I've already said how brilliant the formula was on 'Excalibur' and 'Camelot'. As far as black polish goes, I don't think it gets much better than 'Camelot' and 'Excalibur' is the perfect silver and stamps like a dream.
Well that's all from me, I need to get in a bit more study before I go back to watching the olympics. Hope you're all enjoying watching the Olympics too. Don't know about you, but I get so inspired when I see all these amazing people doing such amazing things.

As usual, a-england is available from their website and remember they have free worldwide shipping :D

6 comments :

  1. Hey I've got a Kiwi Olympic nail idea for you... Gold! Yeyeah!! I love the hex glitter framed nail! I really need to get myself some of those glitters, it seems like every blog is doing the glitter frame! How long did your Born Pretty order take to ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea after lasst night I was thinking maybe I should change one finger to gold, but alas, I am to darn lazy! I know, everyone is doing the frame, but it just seemed to fit so I thought why not and I really like the look of it. And yes you should definitely get some. They didn't take too long to arrive actually. Maybe somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks. It varies each time I order, not the fastest I've ever experienced but not too bad usually (plus it's free so that's a bonus).

      Delete
  2. ! I LOVE THIS! Such a great manicure, Anneke! I love how all the fingers are different but the whole look is very cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mimi! It's fun to just see what happens sometimes (I'm such a control freak, that doesn't usually happen)! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful manicure. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I had lots of fun with it :) I'm glad you like it.

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)