Thursday, July 5, 2012

Striping Tape Mani... Camelot - a-england & Aurora Borealis - Dollish Polish

True to my word, I'm busy trying my hand at different types of nails and todays... Striping tape. I recently bought a whole lifetime worth of striping tape from the Born Pretty Store for $8.99 USD and I gotta say I really enjoyed this mani a lot too!


Aurora Borealis, Dollish Polish, Camelot, a-england, Stripping Tape
For this mani, I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen 'White On', I then added the striping tape in the design that you can see, next I added 1 awesome coat of a-england 'Camelot', pulled the tape off and topped everything off with one quick coat of Dollish Polish 'Aurora Borealis'. Please excuse the tip wear you can see here - I'd already worn this for around a day and a half and I didn't wrap the tips with black (knowing me and my butter fingers, I would've got black all around the pretty white lines!)!



Aurora Borealis, Dollish Polish, Camelot, a-england, Stripping Tape
Holy duochrome batman!!! 'Aurora Borealis' is so incredibly GORGEOUS!! look at the duochrome action!



Aurora Borealis, Dollish Polish, Camelot, a-england, Stripping Tape
You can see the electric tealy blue that shines through in this photo...



Aurora Borealis, Dollish Polish, Camelot, a-england, Stripping Tape
Now see the purple! Serious love of this polish right now!



Aurora Borealis, Dollish Polish, Camelot, a-england, Stripping Tape
And still the colours keep changing! My index finger shows how pinky 'Aurora Borealis' can appear. I love how my index finger has its own little gradient thing going on in this pic :)



I loved wearing this mani and I really liked the contrast between the black and the white. I won't bore you with details about the formulas because to be honest, they were all great. I just recently purchased Sally Hansen 'White On' because I've never had much luck with my only other white polish (OPI's 'Alpine Snow'), 'White On' is really really thin but it's certainly easy enough to work with. The only thing I had a bit of trouble with, was that the striping tape seemed to leave little marks on the white polish. Not so obvious in real life though as they appear in theses photos. Anyway, overall fairly successful I think :)

2 comments :

  1. Looks amazing! And that dollish polish is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I bet you can imagine, it's even better in real life!

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)