Sunday, June 3, 2012

Floam - Nail-Venturous

I have today, a polish that needs no introduction. Nail-Venturous 'Floam'. From the very first moment I saw this polish on blogs earlier this year, it became a bit of an obsession of mine to get my hands on it! Cut forward to May and well... the rest, as they say, is history...



Floam, Nail-venturous, swatch
So here it is, the coveted 'Floam'. It's a mixture of blue, green and yellow matte glitter. And yes, I am, like the rest of the polish world right now, completely CRAZY for these little matte pieces of happiness!



Floam, Nail-venturous, swatch
The whole time I was wearing this polish, the weather was pretty average, so I didn't manage to get a photo in full sun. The brighter the light on this beauty, the more the yellow seems to come to life. The first photo is by far the brightest and as we go through to less intense light, you'll see the blue especially take more centre-stage.



Floam, Nail-venturous, swatch
So here we have it in very overcast "sun". Not such an obnoxious polish in this sort of lighting. I have to say I loved it best in bright light so it was a colour over-load but I liked that it could tone-down a fair whack as well.



Floam, Nail-venturous, swatch
A macro to show you just what exactly makes up this polish that sends me speeding back to the good old days of my childhood in the '90's.



'Floam' is absolutely jam-packed with glitter so this is 3 coats for pretty awesome opacity. It was so super easy to apply and the glitter was quite happy to stay exactly where I put it. One thing is that this polish is THICK! It's OK though, because it didn't affect application at all. 'Floam' was also really fast-drying, so you don't have to wait a hundred years between coats to make sure the glitter doesn't pull away from your cuticles. The glitter is pretty hungry so I used two thick coats of Essie 'Good To Go' on top and it was still a little bit gritty (I don't mind this though). Anywho, I'm so glad I got 'Flaom'! I don't think I would have ever rested until it was safely in my box(es) of polish :)

I purchased 'Floam' from Ninja Polish for $9USD. It's currently out of stock but keep an eye out and if you want it, pop your name down for email notification of when it's back in stock.

5 comments :

  1. Wow I love the look of this polish! Do you know if they stock it in the UK? This is the first I've heard of this product!

    Alice

    www.SecretsOfAWannabeCharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, this is an indie polish and so is only available online. It's made by Amy from Nail-Venturous, but her Etsy shop doesn't ship internationally. Fortunately Ninja Polish does and their shipping to New Zealand wasn't too expensive so the UK shouldn't be either. Have a look at the link at the bottom of the post. 'Floam' becomes available every once in a while but generally sells out within minutes of being available, so you have to be super quick (the major downside of indie polish). If you want 'Floam', I highly suggest either following Ninja Polish on Twitter or Facebook, or signing up to receive the email of when 'Floam' is back in stock from their website. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. Great !!

    Dear, I am hosting Romwe.com international giveaway, where you can Win $50 Freebies + Backless Shift Dress + Secret Gift !! Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter Romwe.com Giveaway
    ❤ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great pics! Did you have to thin Floam at all? As you mentioned, the formula is pretty thick and when I use multiple coats to get it opaque it's not smooth and flat like your pictures, even with top coat. If you used thinner, how much did you use? What brand?

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks. I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think I thinned it. Generally I'll use polish the way they come when I take pics for the blog. You can kind of tell if you look at the tips that there's a LOT of polish on my nails haha. I use OPI's thinner as it's about all that's readily available to me. I've been using it for a couple of years and I'm barely 1/4 of the way through it. It's always worked really well for me, so I have had no reason to try anything else. I generally start with around 5 drops, mix well, then add, as necessary, a couple of drops at a time until it's at the consistency I like.
      Also, as for how smooth it looks, I used quite thick coats of an older top coat that had thickened slightly and it was still textured to the touch. It did look mostly smooth to the eye though and I'm really not a stickler for glitter being perfectly smooth to the touch.
      Hope that helped :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)