Saturday, February 11, 2012

a-england - Princess Sabra (aka Tristam Eyes)

Auckland had a little bit of cloudless sun the other day so I happily tried another of the wonderful polishes from a-england's 'The Legend' collection. I decided to try 'Princess Sabra'. This polish actually has two names... It is also known as 'Tristam Eyes'. Adina has a beautiful tabby cat named Tristam and this polish is the colour of his eyes! I love that Adina has put that name on the bottle too. If you visit a-england on facebook, there are several pictures of the gorgeous Tristam showing off his own version of 'Princess Sabra'.



Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch
What an absolutely stunning polish! 'Princess Sabra' is gold with flashes of olive green and a beautifully subtle linear holographic effect.



Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch
This colour reminds me of the eyes of the Abyssinian cats that we had growing up.



Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch
This photo showcases the holographic nature of the polish in full sunlight! It's something quite special if you ask me. The gold is so elegant yet the holo gives the polish that extra spark.



Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch



Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch
These two photos show 'Princess Sabra' indoors with decreasing amounts of direct light. Seen in these conditions, 'Princess Sabra' becomes more understated - losing a little of the holo but gaining that slight olive tone. I love the olive that comes through in this polish, in real life it's much more obvious - even in more full light. It gives 'Princess Sabra' yet another point of difference that sets her apart.



Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch           Princess Sabra, Tristam Eyes, The Legend, a-england, swatch
Some close-up and macro action to attempt to show you how absolutely packed with sparkle this polish is. None of my photos come close to showing just how fine and dense the particles in 'Princess Sabra' really are. This is such a chameleon of a polish with the huge range of colour that the holo provides.


To the formula... AMAZING! So easy, an absolute pleasure to apply. I used three coats for full opacity. This polish was just the right viscosity to spread perfectly on the nail and I was left with a beautiful glossy finish. I used Essie 'Millionails' as my base and a-england 'The Shield' top coat. Once again, Adina has left me with a giant grin on my face and beautiful nails on my fingers!

This feline beauty, along with its six comrades, is available now on the a-england website with free worldwide shipping!

4 comments :

  1. So glad you noted the Abyssinian cat eyes likeness... it was the first thing I thought of when I saw a picture of this polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Such a perfect description of this colour :)

      Delete
  2. Anneke, I am in love with the way you presented the many facets of this beauty! It may not have the same vivid presence as several of the other shades in this collection, but its understated appeal makes it a standout winner to me! Lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O my! Thanks! :) Means a lot coming from you, Eugenia. I absolutely love this polish to pieces. It's such a pleasure to show off colours like these. Adina really is a goddess! Now I just need some sunny days so I can show off the other legends in all their glory.

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)